Your smile and your overall health depends on simple dental care habits, such as brushing and using mouthwash. But are you using the right techniques? Achieving healthy teeth takes a lifetime of care. Even if you’ve been told that you have nice teeth, it’s crucial to take the right steps every day to take care of them and prevent problems.
Dr Alok Singh says:
- Poorly brushing your teeth is almost as bad as not brushing at all
- Take your time to move your toothbrush in gentle and circular motions to remove plaque
- Without the right technique, you could be missing key areas of bacteria and food built-up
- When we only brush up and down or side-to-side, we tend to miss the places in between
- `Brushing too hard can damage our enamel and our gum tissue
- Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles