The preventions of diabetes are mostly related to lifestyle and diet changes. Here are some measures and changes you can make to prevent diabetes:
- Exercise for 30 minutes at least 5 days a week. You can also include cardio, cycling, swimming, or walking in your routine.
- Increase your whole food intake. Eat lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole-grain as much as you can.
- If you’ve obesity, work on losing your body weight, but in a healthy manner.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Avoid consuming trans fats, refined carbohydrates, or saturated fats.