While women are four times more likely than men to develop the disease, men also suffer from osteoporosis.
The five golden rules that aid in the direction are:
- A balanced diet rich in calcium and vitamin D
- Weight-bearing and resistance-training exercises
- A healthy lifestyle with no smoking or excessive alcohol intake
- Talking to one’s healthcare professional about bone health
- Bone density testing and medication when appropriate
Understand the symptoms and the risks involved. Learn about the golden rules, the dietary habits, the necessary exercises and much more in the words expert nutritionist Dr. Avantina Sharma Bhandari.