Fenugreek seeds have a healthy nutritional profile, containing a good amount of fiber and minerals, including iron and magnesium.
- Research suggests that fenugreek may increase breastmilk production and the rate of weight gain in newborn babies.
- Initial research suggests that fenugreek can boost testosterone levels and sexual function in men.
- Evidence supports the role of fenugreek in blood sugar control and the treatment of type 1 and 2 diabetes.
Research suggests that fenugreek may aid:
- Appetite control: Reduction in fat intake and appetite
- Cholesterol levels: Lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels
- Heartburn: People with frequent heartburn found that fenugreek reduced their symptoms
Fenugreek may also reduce cholesterol levels, lower inflammation, and help with appetite control, but more research is needed in these areas.