Fabric masks can be used by the general public in areas where there are many people infected with COVID 19 in the community and physical distancing of at least one meter cannot be achieved. There are a wide variety of fabric masks that can be handmade or purchased in a store. They should ideally be made of three layers of fabric the outer layer should be a water-resistant fabric, the inner layer should be water absorbent and the mid layer acts as a filter.
- First clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water
- Pick up you clean mask and place the mask on your face covering your nose mouth and chin
- Make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask
- Do not touch the mask while wearing it to avoid contamination
- As you remove the mask lean forward slightly and remove the loops from behind the ears without touching the front of the mask and don't forget wash your hands after taking off the mask