While research shows that a healthy diet may help prevent or halt the development of certain cancers, there is no one food or nutrient that has been proven to cure cancer or keep it from coming back. Given are some do's and don'ts to avoid chances of certain types of cancers.
- At least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables should be consumed daily.
- Whole grain breads, cereals and pulses should be aplenty on the diet everyday.
- Protein rich foods like lean pork, poultry, fish, beans and low fat dairy products should be made an integral part of the diet plan.
- High amounts of high-fat foods, especially high-fat meats.
- Charred meats while grilling.
Here's some more insightful information on diet and lifestyle one can practice to reduce the chances of development of certain cancers in the words of wellness advisor Dr. Avantina Sharma Bhandari.