Remember that to master something you need to take that first step to start. Take the following steps to start meditating, and do it the right way!
- Find a quiet spot and sit or lie down. Make sure you are in a comfortable and stable position.
- Next, set a time limit. Initially, you can go for ten minutes or less.
- Start breathing slowly, deeply, and follow your breath— in and out.
- Observe. If your mind starts wandering (which it will, initially), try bringing it back. Do it gently by returning your focus to your breath.
- Repeat. Do this for as long as the time goes off. Breath, let your mind wander and bring it back with love and patience.
- Open your eyes gently, look around and notice the environment, how you feel, and what you think.
Lastly, thank yourself for doing this for yourself.