Ayurveda believes that balancing the body and mind is possible. It does so by rebalancing our inherent energy. Skin is a vital organ in this natural energy system. It protects and maintains equilibrium. Skin disorders like Eczema is a persistent inflammatory skin condition. It causes persistent redness, stinging, or burning on dry skin. Food allergies or intolerances might cause an immunological response.
Atopic dermatitis patients have numerous therapy options. Ayurveda may provide a holistic approach as it avoids side effects of conventional treatments.
Body Ecology is a natural therapy. It aids in the healing of chronic skin diseases by restoring skin ecology. I, Dr. Vivek Dubey, use both internal and external therapies to treat different skin disorders. This helps nourish and balance your body to relieve skin issues. In this article, I’ll explain about skin disorders and how to treat them.
Internal therapy comprises herbal supplements, healthy foods, and digestive enzymes. This helps re-establish intestinal flora. External therapy is topical. It contains a relaxing plant extracts and therapeutic oils combination. These aid in skin metabolism.
What are the Causes of Skin Disorders?
Skin disorders can be caused by various factors. These could be:
- Dry skin
- Allergies to things like foods, dust mites, or pet dander
- Infections like scabies, ivy poisoning, measles, chickenpox
- Allergy to certain medications
- Immune system disorders
What are the main Symptoms of Skin Disorders?
- Increased awareness of one’s skin
- Intense irritation to the sensation of touch
- The feeling of being “crawly” all over
- Unexplained bumps
- Redness, or hives
- Dry patches
- Itchy skin
- Scaling, cracking and peeling skin
What do you mean by Itchy Skin?
Itchy skin is a condition characterized by intense itchiness of the skin. It can be due to several reasons, such as dryness, allergies, infection, or dermatitis. It is the result of an allergic reaction or irritants on the surface of the skin. There are many possible reasons for the itchiness, not just specific diseases.
How to prevent this?
There are a few ways to prevent skin disorder from developing. One way is to avoid the use of products that contain alcohol, fragrance, and artificial colors or dyes. You can also consider using a moisturizer or lotion to help prevent dryness which can lead to itchy skin. You can also find relief from your itching by taking a long-hot shower. And scrubbing your skin with a loofah sponge.
Precautions you should take to remove surface allergens from the skin:
- Hydrated skin is less prone to cracks and dryness, so eat the Ayurvedic foods recommended. This will also help you gain other great health benefits.
- Herbal extracts can be utilised to soothe and calm the skin. They will undoubtedly relieve itching.
- Dry the area. Sweat and dampness cause skin problems if they accumulate. Dry the skin with a gentle towel. Never rub the skin too hard or the irritation will worsen. This can lead to wound leakage and infection spread.
- Wash the afflicted area with a fragrance-free cleanser.
- Wear loose clothing that does not chafe or irritate the skin. These suggestions are quite useful if you have an allergy to metal, food, or textiles.
Skin infections can be prevented by keeping your skin healthy and hydrated. Thus, it becomes very crucial to drink plenty of water for healthy routine. Ayurveda is a natural science that nourishes and heals the body. These herbal preparations have powerful medical characteristics that benefit the body. Try them to stay healthy and radiant!
What are the Treatments for Skin Disorders?
Many treatments for skin disorder are available, including:
- Topical corticosteroids
- Antipruritic agents
- Ayurvedic treatments
Due to pollution and environmental stress, people are increasingly prone to skin allergies. There are many different Ayurvedic treatments for skin disorders. These treatments focus on the digestive, immune, and nervous systems and are also responsible for how the body reacts to external stimuli.
The use of turmeric paste is believed to provide relief from itchiness. Some other treatments include using creams or medicated oils with herbal remedies. You can also use cumin which have anti-inflammatory properties.
Ayurvedic supplements with natural ingredients have been proven to treat skin disorders. Some common ingredients used include:
- The fig tree’s extracts are anti-inflammatory. They’ll help you to manage your skin diseases. The figs will help with Kapha and Pitta Doshas, too.
- Ashwatha is one of our traditional supplements. It can help manage certain skin conditions.
- Raktachandana helps in managing acne and other skin problems
- Haridra is a powerful herb. It reduces toxins on the skin while also providing treatment.
- Coconut oil is a powerful moisturizer and can prevent skin from drying out. It’s been proven to help manage skin inflammation and infections.
- Vidpala can be used to manage psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Sariba has been proven to provide relief for people with excessive burning. It balances the three Doshas by cleansing toxins out of the blood. It also reduces lesions caused by skin diseases.
- Saffron is a helpful spice for maintaining a healthy skin complexion and tone. It’s also an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, which can help reduce pimples.
- People can manage eczema, psoriasis, pimples, and dark spots with Manjistha. This is because the herb has antioxidant properties that help promote skin health.
5 Quick & Easy Tips to Treat Skin Diseases
- Switch to a soap-free and fragrance-free body wash and body lotion.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing or anything that makes your skin feel constricted.
- Make sure your clothes are made out of natural fibers such as cotton, wool, and silk.
- Wear clothes that are loose-fitting and made of natural fibers such as cotton, wool, and silk.
- Use hypoallergenic, fragrance-free skincare products for those with sensitive skin.
When to Consult an Ayurvedic Dermatologist
You can surely consult an Ayurvedic Dermatologist for treating skin disorders, if you are experiencing any of the skin problems mentioned in the article above. This is because they have the therapy, medicines, knowledge and experience to deal with your condition. They will also provide you with a holistic treatment that will work for you in the long term.
Skin disorders can be well treated with Ayurvedic techniques. We check your Doshas and offer you a personalized skincare regimen suited to your skin type and needs. Contact us today at “Niramaya Ayurveda Dhatushamya Chikitsha Paramarsha Kendra, Chhattisgarh, Bilaspur” for the best treatment for Skin Disorder. You can even book an online appointment and get video consultation.